Welcome to the Engraved Egg's Blog

Aloha and welcome!

My name is Will and this is my blog and the Engraved Egg is my site. Hope you enjoy it and please feel free to become a follower. You can visit the the website at: The Engraved Egg

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday, March 20th, 2010

Well let's see if  I can blog. Lol this should be fun....
  Okay, lets get this started, I moved to Oahu Hawaii on Dec 7th 2009 from a small town in South-Western Pennsylvania named Waynesburg. Waynesburg's claim to fame is a yearly festival where people bet there hats on whether or not it's going to rain on one particular day....(farmers, go figure)
  Over the past 25 years I have traveled around the U.S. learning different artistic techniques and have now come to a point where I feel comfortable selling my creations. Not to mention that I finally found something that gives back to the earth as well.
 That would be recycled beer bottle glasses I also sell them at Etsy. These bottle glasses at present take me about 30 - 45 minutes each, from cutting them to smoothing the edges. They are a lot of fun to make. Here are some pics of them:


 These are just a few of the ones I make. I am always experimenting though and have found even more ways to re-use them. such as:


 The brown bottle is engraved by hand with a wonderfully in expensive tool called a Turbo Carver. and the necklace is a pendant made from the mouth of a Heineken(tm) bottle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment