Welcome to the Engraved Egg's Blog

Aloha and welcome!

My name is Will and this is my blog and the Engraved Egg is my site. Hope you enjoy it and please feel free to become a follower. You can visit the the website at: The Engraved Egg

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Peter Steele ~ Dead at 48

Type-O-Negative's lead singer

Peter Steele has packed his bags and went on the next great adventure. I think this is affecting me so much because I love the music and the deep effect it has on me. There is also another reason and it's a simple one...the age at which he died...I am currently 40 soon to be 41 and I am wondering about my own mortality, when I was younger I didn't care if I lived or died, most people didn't think I would make it to 20....lol...neither did I for that matter.
As the years passed and I experienced more of life....the extreme joy and happiness of a first born child and the soul wrenching sorrow of people close to me leaving or dying I came to appreciate my life and all the ups and downs that go along with it...for years I have gotten out of bed and wondered "What will happen today?" it is my own little mantra that helps me to coupe with the ups and downs that life has to offer.
I am not sure where I am going or how long I have left till I go on my last great adventure but I hope that I have at least 20 - 40 years left but I'm not sure...I have abused this body I live in and now that I sound like a bowl of rice crispies when I get out of bed and say my little mantra I hope that today is not my last day....
Heres a link to the posting on Peter Steele
"every encounter in life, good or bad, could be just the encounter needed for cosmic enlightenment."

1 comment:

  1. I too have spent much of life hurting, dying and watching others take the trip before me.

    When I knew my first marriage was over, I listened to "Everyone I Love is Dead" on repeat on the N train in Brooklyn back and forth to work for a solid month.

    I have to believe in grace and now strive to see beauty in all that surrounds me.

    We can't unlock this mystery- we don't own the keys. Yet.

    ReplyDelete